Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Book Arts Collective Meeting on 20th September 2014

Some Great NEWS -


The meeting on 20th September at Phoenix Gallery in Brighton at 10.30 am will now have an invited guest, Jackie Batey.  Jackie's blog makes interesting and fun reading, and you can look at it on dampflat.blogspot.co.uk.   Some of the ways she describes herself are -

"ARTIST’S BOOKS: DAMP FLAT BOOKS
I produce limited edition hand made Artist's Books, Zines and single images, many of them satirical, under the brand name of Damp Flat Books. My artist’s books are held in many permanent collections such as the V&A Museum, Tate Britain, The Getty Institute in Los Angeles and the Joan Flasch Collection, Chicago. I am featured on the V&A Website as an example (one of 6) representing U.K. Book Artists. Many of the themes I enjoy working with are, anxiety, satire and modern living. I make limited editions that vary between 10 and 50. I use my own photography, illustration and hand drawn type within my books along with composing the text, designing, printing and binding. I have attended conferences internationally to present my artist's books and to talk about art-zines and illustration. Currently I am working on new artist’s books and zines as well as exploring digital versions for ipads, e-readers whilst having fun exploring printmaking and collage for artist’s books and single images.


ART ZINES : FUTURE FANTASTEEK!
I create my own serial Art-Zine called Future Fantasteek! It now runs to over 16 issues and has recently toured the UK and USA, Future Fantasteek! is collected by many libraries and galleries, including Tate Britain and the British Library. all issues can be found in its own blog and are available to read digitally as is the tour catalogue."



Jackie will be coming along to chat to us all about her work and we are thrilled she can fit us in to her busy life.  Have a look at her amazing work, and be ready for an inspirational session.  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment